Online Conference / March 09 - 12, 2021
InvitationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Dear friends and colleagues from the area of biosensor research!
We would like to welcome you to the European Biosensors Symposium 2021 Online! This is a conference in the tradition of ten German Biosensor Symposia (DBS) since 1999 and of two European Biosensor Symposia since 2017. We had 2017 in Potsdam the 1st EBS and 2019 in Florence the 2nd EBS. As you may know, we have planed the 3rd EBS 2021 in Aachen, but because of the Covid 19 pandemic this event had to be postponed to 2022.
In order to fill the gap, the scientific committee has decided to go for an online event in 2021. Thus, actual researchers will get the chance to present and interact with their colleagues. This might be not the same as in reality, but it is a good way to keep the international exchange and to allow young scientists to present.
A peculiarity of the EBS conference series is the strong focus on young scientists. This is also valid for the Online conference. Thus, I would like to encourage students after the master, phd students or young post-docs to submit an abstract. We also would like to stimulate the participation by prizes for good oral presentations and poster prizes.
The conference will cover a broad range of topics which includes all components of biosensors (recognition elements, immobilisation strategies, transducers, microfluidics, data analysis) and biosensor application, but also related fields such as bio-nanotechnology, bioenergetics, photobioelectrochemistry and model development.
Thus, we hope to provide a broad view and give stimulus to the own research and future development. Welcome to the virtual meeting in the capital region of Germany!
Chair of EBS 2021 Online
Scientific CommitteeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Prof. Dr. Till Bachmann (University of Edinburgh)
- Prof. Dr. Antje Baeumner (University of Regensburg)
- Prof. Dr. Francesco Baldini (Institute of Applied Physics of the National Research Council of Italy )
- Prof. Dr. Frank Bier (Potsdam University)
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Beckmann (IBA Heiligenstadt)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Cruz Moreno Bondi (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Prof. Dr. Dario Compagnone (University of Teramo)
- Prof. Dr. Serge Cosnier (Grenoble University)
- Prof. Dr. Jenny Emneus (Technical University of Denmark)
- Prof. Dr. Guenther Gauglitz (Tübingen University)
- Prof. Dr. Hubert Girault (EPFL)
- Prof. Dr. Róbert E. Gyurcsányi (Budapest University of Technology and Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Christine Kranz (Ulm University)
- Prof. Dr. Ilya Kurochkin (Lomonosov Moscow State University)
- Prof. Dr. Laura Lechuga (Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology)
- Prof. Dr. Fred Lisdat (TH Wildau)
- Prof. Dr. med. Peter Luppa (Technical University of Munich)
- Prof. Dr. Pilar Marco (National Research Council of Spain)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Minunni (University of Florence)
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Niessner (Technical University of Munich)
- Prof. Dr. Nicolas Plumere (Ruhr University Bochum)
- Prof. Dr. Juergen Popp (Friedrich Schiller University Jena)
- Dr. Ute Resch-Genger (Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung)
- Prof. Dr. Frieder Scheller (Potsdam University)
- Prof. Dr. Michael J. Schöning (FH Aachen)
- Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Spoto (University of Catania)
- Prof. Dr. Petr Skladal (Masaryk University)
- Dr. Michael Steinwand (Innovendia Consulting Services)
- Prof. Dr. Gerald Urban (University of Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr. Patrick Wagner (KU Leuven)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Wegener (University of Regensburg)
- Prof. Dr. Ulla Wollenberger (Potsdam University)
Organizing CommitteeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Prof. Dr. Fred Lisdat
- Dipl. Ing. Daniel Schäfer
- Dr. Marc Riedel
DeadlinesBereich öffnenBereich schließen
06.01.2021 Deadline for abstract submission
07.02.2021 Notification on acceptance
03.03.2021 Deadline for payment of conference fee
09-12.03.2021 EBS 2021 ONLINE
Scientific TopicsBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The conference intends to cover all aspects of biosensor research and will also include neighbouring areas as well as studies of application.
- Biological recognition elements
- Protein engineering and screening methods
- Biomimetic and bioinspired systems
- Bionanotechnology (Nanoparticles, DNA origami a.o.)
- New materials for biosensing (polymers, crystals a.o.)
- Immobilisation strategies
- Imaging sensors and multiplexing techniques
- Transduction technologies (electrochemical, optical a.o.)
- Microfluidic systems and labon-the-chip developments
- Biocatalytic and bioaffinity sensors
- Cellbased assays
- Point of care systems and wearable sensors
- Implantable biosensors
- Bioenergetics including biofuel cells
- Intracellular sensors
- Application in medicine, process control, in environmental monitoring, food analysis a.o.
- Proteomics and glycomics
- Theory and modelling
Abstract submissionBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The Abstract Submission will open on November 24th, 2020 and will close at January 6th, 2021. Please use the following template in order to prepare an one page abstract.
The abstract will be submitted by email. Please send a strictly formal mail to the address:
according to the scheme below and add the abstract as pdf-file in the attachment. Do not send abstract files larger than 5 MB. Abstracts are only accepted as a pdf-document. (In case of two submissions from one author please send two e-mails.)
- First name:
- Corresponding email:
- Preferred presentation (oral/poster):
- (If you wish), remarks:
After control of the formal aspects you will receive a confirmation of receipt of the abstract.
The submisson closes on 06.01.2021.
RegistrationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Students including phd Students 50,- Euro
Academics 65,- Euro
Non-academics 80,- Euro
The payment of the registration fee will be possible from December 1st 2020 to March 4th 2021.
The details for the bank transfer will be given soon.
Presentation guideBereich öffnenBereich schließen
All authors who have an invited or an accepted oral talk have to prepare her presentation according to the time frame indicated in the acceptance /invitation letter. The presentation has to be converted into a pdf and send to the organisers until March 4th (the e-mail address you will find in your acceptance/invitation letter). We will check the presentation before the Online conference.
Please keep the allocated time! We will stop the presentation in order to allow for questions and discussions.
The poster will be presented in an interactive way so that small groups can discuss different aspects of the presented work.
Scientific ProgrammeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The full programme will be published after 07.02.2021. All registered participants, who have paid the registration fee, will get an access code to join the individual sessions.
Contact InformationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Institute of Life Sciences and Biomedical Technologies
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
Forthcoming MeetingBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The next meeting will take place in 2022 at the FH Aachen.
Sponsors / Supporters