Online Conference / March 09 - 12, 2021
InvitationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Dear friends and colleagues from the area of biosensor research!
We would like to welcome you to the European Biosensors Symposium 2021 Online! This is a conference in the tradition of ten German Biosensor Symposia (DBS) since 1999 and of two European Biosensor Symposia since 2017. We had 2017 in Potsdam the 1st EBS and 2019 in Florence the 2nd EBS. As you may know, we have planed the 3rd EBS 2021 in Aachen, but because of the Covid 19 pandemic this event had to be postponed to 2022.
In order to fill the gap, the scientific committee has decided to go for an online event in 2021. Thus, actual researchers will get the chance to present and interact with their colleagues. This might be not the same as in reality, but it is a good way to keep the international exchange and to allow young scientists to present.
A peculiarity of the EBS conference series is the strong focus on young scientists. This is also valid for the Online conference. Thus, I would like to encourage students after the master, phd students or young post-docs to submit an abstract. We also would like to stimulate the participation by prizes for good oral presentations and poster prizes.
The conference will cover a broad range of topics which includes all components of biosensors (recognition elements, immobilisation strategies, transducers, microfluidics, data analysis) and biosensor application, but also related fields such as bio-nanotechnology, bioenergetics, photobioelectrochemistry and model development.
Thus, we hope to provide a broad view and give stimulus to the own research and future development. Welcome to the virtual meeting in the capital region of Germany!
Chair of EBS 2021 Online
Keynote LecturesBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Hatice Altug, Frontiers in Nanophotonic Biosensors
- Can Dincer, CRISPR-powered electrochemical multiplexed nucleic acid testing
- Kagan Kerman, Electrochemical detection of biomolecular interactions in neurodegenerative diseases: COPPER(II) & a-SYNUCLEIN
- Steffi Krause, Photoelectrochemical imaging for live cell monitoring and sensor applications
- Francesco Ricci, Electrochemical DNA-based nanodevices for IgG antibodies detection
- Janos Vörös, The role of non-specific binding in determining the limit of detection of diagnostically relevant biosensors
Scientific CommitteeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Prof. Dr. Till Bachmann (University of Edinburgh)
- Prof. Dr. Antje Baeumner (University of Regensburg)
- Prof. Dr. Francesco Baldini (Institute of Applied Physics of the National Research Council of Italy )
- Prof. Dr. Frank Bier (Potsdam University)
- Prof. Dr. Dieter Beckmann (IBA Heiligenstadt)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Cruz Moreno Bondi (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Prof. Dr. Dario Compagnone (University of Teramo)
- Prof. Dr. Serge Cosnier (Grenoble University)
- Prof. Dr. Jenny Emneus (Technical University of Denmark)
- Prof. Dr. Guenther Gauglitz (Tübingen University)
- Prof. Dr. Hubert Girault (EPFL)
- Prof. Dr. Róbert E. Gyurcsányi (Budapest University of Technology and Economics)
- Prof. Dr. Christine Kranz (Ulm University)
- Prof. Dr. Ilya Kurochkin (Lomonosov Moscow State University)
- Prof. Dr. Laura Lechuga (Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology)
- Prof. Dr. Fred Lisdat (TH Wildau)
- Prof. Dr. med. Peter Luppa (Technical University of Munich)
- Prof. Dr. Pilar Marco (National Research Council of Spain)
- Prof. Dr. Maria Minunni (University of Florence)
- PD Dr. Michael Seidel (Technical University of Munich)
- Prof. Dr. Nicolas Plumere (Ruhr University Bochum)
- Prof. Dr. Juergen Popp (Friedrich Schiller University Jena)
- Dr. Ute Resch-Genger (Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung)
- Prof. Dr. Frieder Scheller (Potsdam University)
- Prof. Dr. Michael J. Schöning (FH Aachen)
- Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Spoto (University of Catania)
- Prof. Dr. Petr Skladal (Masaryk University)
- Dr. Michael Steinwand (Innovendia Consulting Services)
- Prof. Dr. Gerald Urban (University of Freiburg)
- Prof. Dr. Patrick Wagner (KU Leuven)
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Wegener (University of Regensburg)
- Prof. Dr. Ulla Wollenberger (Potsdam University)
Organizing CommitteeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Prof. Dr. Fred Lisdat
- Dipl. Ing. Daniel Schäfer
- Dr. Carsten Hille
Dipl. Ing. Stefanie Radig
DeadlinesBereich öffnenBereich schließen
12.01.2021 Deadline for abstract submission
07.02.2021 Notification on acceptance
03.03.2021 Deadline for payment of conference fee
09.-12.03.2021 EBS 2021 ONLINE
Scientific TopicsBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The conference intends to cover all aspects of biosensor research and will also include neighbouring areas as well as studies of application.
- Biological recognition elements
- Protein engineering and screening methods
- Biomimetic and bioinspired systems
- Bionanotechnology (Nanoparticles, DNA origami a.o.)
- New materials for biosensing (polymers, crystals a.o.)
- Immobilisation strategies
- Imaging sensors and multiplexing techniques
- Transduction technologies (electrochemical, optical a.o.)
- Microfluidic systems and labon-the-chip developments
- Biocatalytic and bioaffinity sensors
- Cellbased assays
- Point of care systems and wearable sensors
- Implantable biosensors
- Bioenergetics including biofuel cells
- Intracellular sensors
- Application in medicine, process control, in environmental monitoring, food analysis a.o.
- Proteomics and glycomics
- Theory and modelling
Abstract submissionBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The Abstract Submission will open on November 24th, 2020 and will close at January 12th, 2021. Please use the following template in order to prepare an one page abstract.
For abstract submission please follow the link below.
The submisson closes on 12.01.2021.
RegistrationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Students including phd Students 50,- Euro
Academics 65,- Euro
Non-academics 80,- Euro
For registration please follow the link below.
Scientific ProgrammeBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Please find below the preliminary programme of the European Biosensor Symposium 2021
The programme is preliminary since participation is only possible after registration and payment of the conference fees.
Some important information with respect to the execution of the conference:
- We will use the Webex system to carry out the symposium. This is valid for oral presentations as well as poster discussions.
- All paid and registered participants will get a Webex-link for every single day of the conference.
- The allocated time slots in the programme are devoted to the oral presentation only. After 3-4 presentations there is time for questions and discussion. Thus, all 3-4 presenters should be present for this discussion.
- We can not serve you drinks and snacks in the online event, but we have planed a break for having a coffee and also one for lunch.
- After the end of the oral presentations we will open breakout rooms. In every of theses “rooms” one poster will be presented. The rooms are named after the poster number. All participants can freely move from one poster room to another (and can already see in advance whether this poster might be rather crowded). For every day of the conference a different subset of posters will be discussed. This is given in the poster programme.
- All posters are available for paid participants the whole period of the conference. This is in order to get an overview and also to look for details. This is independent from the period of poster discussion. The access will be sent together with the links for the 4 sessions of the conference.
- Please also read the technical instructions before the conference starts.
Prize CommitteesBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The EBS Online intends to give prizes for young researchers (phd students, post docs) who have given excellent oral presentations or have presented a very good poster.
This way we want to stimulate the participants further and give gratitude to those who try to transfer their research ideas and results to others in a convincing and engaged way.
This intention of the Scientific Committee is also supported by scientific organisations such as the Bioelectrochemical Society (BES), Publishers of scientific journals such as Elsevier (Sensors & Actuators) and Springer (Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry) or companies (Sciospec Scientific Instruments).
In order to have a broad basis for the selections following scientists have agreed to work in the prize selection committees:
- Prof. F. Baldini
- Prof. F. Bier
- Dr. P. Bollela
- Prof. M. Bondi
- Dr. M. Bossi
- Prof. D. Compagnone
- Dr. F. Conzuelo
- Dr. V. Diculescu
- Prof. G. Gauglitz
- Prof. Ch. Kranz
- Prof. I. Kurochkin
- Prof. L. Lechuga
- Prof. M.P. Marco
- Prof. M. Minunni
- Prof. N. Plumere
- Dr. G. Proll
- Dr. M. Seidel
- Prof. U. Wollenberger
Contact InformationBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Institute of Life Sciences and Biomedical Technologies
Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau
Forthcoming MeetingBereich öffnenBereich schließen
The next meeting will take place in 2022 at the FH Aachen.
Sponsors / Supporters