Dr. Jeffrey Wolf
Deputy Head of the International Office // Stellvertretende Leitung des International Office
In October 2019 Dr. Jeffrey Wolf joined the Centre for International Affairs at the Technische Hochschule Wildau as a Referent for the DAAD-funded HAW.International Modul A programme. At the time, this position was located in the Strategic International Partnerships and Programmes section (it was later merged into the International Office).
While in this position, Jeff helped to create TH Wildau's first-ever Internationalisation Strategy, which was formally adopted on 04 July 2022.
He also developed and helped to establish TH Wildau's European Neighbours Initiative (ENI), which he now coordinates on behalf of TH Wildau. The first in-person ENI Consortium meeting among all 7 University members was held at TH Wildau in October 2022.
Throughout the first half of 2022, Jeff worked closely with the International Office to develop and write an application for the DAAD's HAW.International funding programme. TH Wildau's application was successful, making TH Wildau one of only 11 German universities (and the only University of Applied Sciences in the state of Brandenburg) to be awarded funding. In January 2023, Jeff became the Project Manager for this 2-year DAAD-funded project, entitled 'TH Wildau Sustainable Mobility Academy'. A Kick-Off event was held in January and the 2023 Sustainable Mobility Summer Academy will be held in Wildau from 04-15. September.
In December 2022, Jeff became the Deputy Head of the International Office.
Before TH Wildau
Prior to moving to Germany in 2018, Jeff was Director of Research at a small investment firm based in Chicago, Illinois.
In 2015, Jeff obtained his PhD in History (History of Science & Medicine) from the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. He has a Master's degree in History from the University of California, Berkeley and a Bachelor's degree in Philosophy from Princeton University.
LehreBereich öffnenBereich schließen
Not currently teaching.
ProjekteBereich öffnenBereich schließen
VeröffentlichungenBereich öffnenBereich schließen
- Görbert, Johannes, and Marie Lindskov Hansen, and Jeffrey Wolf. “The Self in Verse. Exploring Autobiographical Poetry.” European Journal of Life Writing, Vol. 10: SV1-SV12. 2021.
- Wolf, Jeffrey. “Our Master & Father at the Head of Physick”: The Learned Medicine of William Cullen (1710-1790). 2015 (Doctoral Dissertation).
- Wolf, Jeffrey. Review of Eighteenth-Century Vitalism: Bodies, Culture, Politics by Catherine Packham. Journal for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Vol. 36, Issue 3: pp. 469–470. September 2013.
- Wolf, Jeffrey. Review of Seeking Nature’s Logic: Natural Philosophy in the Scottish Enlightenment by David B. Wilson. Annals of Science, Vol. 70, Issue 1: pp. 117–119. January 2013.
- Wolf, Jeffrey. Review of Matters of the Heart: History, Medicine, and Emotion by Fay Bound Alberti. Journal for Eighteenth-Century Studies, Vol. 35, Issue 1: pp. 136–137. March 2012.
- Wolf, Jeffrey. Review of A Hole in the Head: More Tales in the History of Neuroscience by Charles G. Gross. British Journal for the History of Science, Vol. 44, Issue 1: pp. 146–147. March 2011.
- Kirp, David L., and Jeffrey Wolf, “The Imprimatur of Science,” in The Sandbox Investment: The PreSchool Movement and Kids-First Politics, by David L. Kirp (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2007), 93-135.
Technische Hochschule Wildau
Tel.: +49 3375 508 390
Haus 13, Büro 035